With the holiday season well underway, it’s that time of year to get our homes in tip-top shape for hosting family and friends. We might be biased, but we think serving handcrafted cocktails is one of the best ways to celebrate with loved ones.
Whether you are having a nice dinner with family, hosting an elaborate party, or just sharing a mellow moment with a few close friends, we’ve compiled a list of some in-home bar essentials to make these moments more special.
- Glassware – With so many options out there, choosing the right glassware can be overwhelming. We recommend sticking to the basics and stocking your bar with the following:
- Hardware – Building a solid set of bar tools is important. Here’s our list of must-haves:
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail strainer
- Mixing glass
- Jigger measure
- Knife and cutting board
- Bar spoon
- Mixers & Garnishes– Not all guests will take their Bourbon neat, so it’s a good idea to have a variety of mixers, liqueurs, juices and garnishes on-hand. Not sure where to start? The following list should help you on your way to becoming a home bar expert:
- Triple sec
- Simple syrup
- Tonic water
- Angostura® & Peychaud’s® Bitters
- Lemons, limes and oranges
- Maraschino cherries
- And of course, no bar is complete without bottles of Four Roses Yellow, Small Batch and Single Barrel Bourbons. Check them out here.
Our best advice is to start small and grow over time. Stock up on the things to make the cocktails that you enjoy most. And, don’t forget to show us how you #HandcraftTheMoment by sharing your photos on the Four Roses Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages.